BOULDER FAMILIES EVENTS: APRIL 27 to MAY 3
LISTED HERE ARE SOME GREAT FAMILY EVENTS. MOST ARE FREE. THEY ARE ALL OPPORTUNITIES TO BE TOGETHER AS A FAMILY AND ENGAGE YOUR KIDS OF ALL AGES. HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!
Friday, April 27
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Family Game Night. Meadows Branch Library. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Fun for the whole family!
- Lego Kids Fest @ The Colorado Convention Center. All ages. Tickets for the event are sold out for the first session Saturday. Check for ticket availability.
Saturday, April 28
- Tulip Fairy Parade: Pearl Street Mall, Boulder. Parade starts at 3:00 p.m. at the 1300 block of Pearl Street. Pre-parade tunes courtesy of Jeff Kagan and Paige Doughty, face-painting, coloring and other children’s activities. The parade will be led by Boulder’s very own Tulip Fairy, accompanied stilt-walkers from Frequent Flyers and your tiny tulip fairies and elves. A performance of Waking the Bear courtesy of Open Space & Mountain Parks.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Map. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- The Spot (bouldering gym) Family Instructional Day. The whole family climbs for $25, including shoes. This is a great deal! Go check out this well known bouldering gym with your family & see if climbing is a sport the whole family can enjoy. Make reservations to ensure space.
- Beatlemania Family Day at the CU Natural History Museum. Hands on exploration of our natural environment. All ages. Free. 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. All ages. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing activity.
- Family Dance Party. This is a first time event but sure to be a big hit. Organized by local children’s music instructor. 2 free tickets at the website. For more info click here.
Sunday, April 29
- Fishin’ Fun! Join Boulder’s OSMP to learn about fishing techniques, equipment, and places to go fishing in and around Boulder. They provide equipment. Ages 6+. 9:00 to 11:00am. Call for reservations 303-441-3440.
- Walker Ranch Homestead Spring Days. All ages. Free. 10:00 to 4:00pm. A great opportunity to learn about homesteading at this historical reenactment. I love this event!!!
- Denver Art Museum is FREE today in honor of Dia de Los Ninos. All day. Free.
Monday, April 30
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Children’s Story time @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Tuesday, May 1
- Children’s Storytime @ George Reynolds Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies up to 12 months explore books & stories with their caregivers. No older children, please! Free. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, May 2
Nature Kids: Critters, Crafts, Songs & Fun for kids who love the outdoors. All ages. 10:00 to 11:30. Chautauqua Community House. Tickets are for sale–$10/adults & $5/kids up to 10.
Children’s Storytime @ Meadows Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Cruisers & Crawlers @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. 9 to 24 months. Ongoing.
Discovery Days at the Longmont Museum & Cultural Center. Ages 2 to 5. Low cost [$3.50 to $4.50/child]. Drop-in sessions: 9:00 to 10:15, 10:15 to 11:30, 12:30 to 2:00.
- Barnes & Noble Storytime. Ongoing activity. 10:00am.
Gymboree Storytime @ Barnes and Noble. Stories, movement and more. Ongoing activity. 1:00pm.
Thursday, May 3
Grandrabbits Playdate. 10:30 to 11:15am. Ages 2 to 6. Free. Ongoing activity