Boulder Family Events: August 24 to 30, 2012
Special Events This Week: Festival On Main, FREE Day at the Botanic Gardens, Boulder JCC free demos, & the East End 2k race.
Friday, August 24
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Just Between Friends Sale. Consign or buy used kids’ gear and maternity clothing at this huge sale. Get rid of some of the things you don’t use and pick up with you need. 8/22 to 28.
- Festival On Main. Head to Longmont’s signature summer event. Food, drink, performers, and much more. Free. All ages. 6:00 to 9:00pm.
- Family Game Night at Meadows Library. Play some old and some new games for the entire family. 4:30 to 6:30pm. All ages.
Saturday, August 25
- Boulder Main Library is closed today.
- USAPro Challenge Bike Race is in town today.
- Twenty Ninth Street Live! brings Great American Taxi to the mall. Free, outdoor venue. 6:15 to 10:00pm.
Sunday, August 26
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. [Date change due to bike race.] 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, August 27
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
Tuesday, August 28
- FREE DAY at the Denver Botanic Gardens. Free. All ages.
- Children’s Storytime at George Reynolds Branch Library. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing event.
- Folk Dance for Children [and the Whole Family]! Participatory dance program for children of all ages and their parents! A fun way to learn dances from around the world, find out what young folks like in other countries. Outside on the Plaza beside the Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th (between Arapahoe & Canyon) in Boulder. Free. All ages. 6:15 to 7:00pm. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, August 29
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. Free. Ongoing.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 4:00 to 8:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Valmont Bike Park Family Rides. Bring the bikes and the family for fun rides on the amazing terrain at Boulder’s coolest bike park. All ages. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Free.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 4:00 to 8:00pm. All ages.
- Try a Free FamilySong Class with Kristin McLean of FamilyDance Planet. This is a trial at the Boulder Jewish Community Center. Birth to 5yrs. 10:30 to 11:00am. RSVP to email@example.com to reserve a spot.
Thursday, August 30
- Storytime and Kids Hike. Join OSMP to hear stories and take a kid-friendly hike at Chautauqua. Meet at Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. 9:30 to 10:30am. Free. 3 to 6 year olds and their caregivers.
- Thursday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. A fun time with kids’ story, music and more. Free. All ages. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Signing Smart Baby Sign Language Demo class at the Boulder JCC. 6mo to 2yrs. Free. 11:45 to 12:15pm. RSVP to Beth@boulderjcc.org.
- East End 2k. Non-competitive 1k fun run for kids under 11. Don’t forget to register.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.