Thinking Halloween? Info on Halloween Events & Pumpkin Patches around Boulder click here.
Special Events This Week: Archaeology Family Day, McGuckin’s Apprentice Series: Halloween Decor, Hanging Out with Bats, Family Dance Planet, + Nature for Kids and Parents: Family Scavenger Hunt
Friday, October 19
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, October 20
- Archaeology Family Day at CU’s Museum of Natural History. Join the museum staff to learn more about how archaeology is everywhere. Interactive activities for the whole family. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 4:00pm.
- French/English Storytime with Marie. Enjoy bilingual storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- McGuckin’s Apprentice Series – Halloween Décor. Young and old come in to carve and decorate pumpkins (while supplies last), see creative decoration ideas, and be inspired to make your own festive décor! Free. All ages. 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Hanging Out With Bats. Join Boulder County Open Space to learn more about these mysterious flying mammals. Ages pre-school through elementary school. Free. 1:00 to 2:30pm. Register ahead of time to get location.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15am.
- Family Dance Planet. Fun, family event and dancing for everyone. The third Saturday of the month. Cost: $17 for the whole family. All ages. 10:00 to Noon.
- Homedepot Builder’s Club for Kids. Stop into the Boulder store and your child can make something. Free. All ages. 9:00am to Noon.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Teen Reads Week Author Extravaganza at the Boulder Bookstore. This special evening is held to celebrate Teen Reads Week and includes teen authors Emily Hainsworth (Through to You), Donna Cooner (Skinny), Tiffany Schmidt (Send Me a Sign), and Brenna Yovanoff (The Space Between).
Sunday, October 21
- Nature for Kids & Parents: Fall Scavenger Hunt with City of Boulder’s Open Space & Mountain Parks crew. Take a hike in the woods with Debora Martin, Early Childhood Educator/volunteer naturalist. You will color-hunt through the meadow and into the ponderosa pines, play games and use our senses for a scavenger hunt! Meet at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Ages 6 and up. 1:00 to 3:00pm.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, October 22
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
- Monday Milk and Cookies @ Becoming Mothers. If you are a nursing mama this is a great way to gather with others, share, ask any questions you may have, etc…
- After Nappers Toddler Circle at Parenting Place. Toddlers 10 to 24 mos. Free. 2:30 to 4:00pm
Tuesday, October 23
- What’s a family to do on Tuesday? Take your kids to the pumpkin patch! Pumpkin Patch Info here.
Wednesday, October 24
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
Thursday, October 25
- Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Parents with Infants Support Group at Parenting Place. Free. Newborn to 9 mos. 10:30 to Noon.
- South Boulder Rec Center Halloween Bash for kids ages 3 to 8. Tons of activities and fun. 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- Super Science Saturday at NCAR. This is super fun for the whole family!
- Trick or Treat Train at the Colorado Train Museum
- Monster Bash at Grandrabbit’s Toy Shoppe. Free. 11:00 to 1:00.
- Trick of Treat Train at the Colorado Train Museum
- Munchkin Masquerade on Pearl Street Mall. 2:00 to 5:00pm rain or shine.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.