Special Events This Week: FREE Days at Denver Zoo & Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Downtown Boulder Ice Rink Opens, Pearl Street Stampede, Children’s Film Series at the Dairy Center, Family Dance Planet, and Switch on the Lights Downtown
Friday, November 16
- FREE Day at the Denver Zoo. The Zoo is great in the winter!
- Downtown Boulder Ice Rink opens today! 2 hrs free parking [under One Boulder Plaza] with purchase of skating. 10:00am.
- Pearl Street Stampede This is a really fun event for the whole family! Free. All ages. 7:00pm on the Pearl Street Mall.
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, November 17
- Butterfly Pavilion $5 admission day
- Best of the NY International Children’s Film Festival at The Dairy Center. Short subjects selected as the best in kids movies not cooked in the cauldron of Hollywood’s big studios. Kid Flix Mix (60 min) is ideal for ages 4-8. Party Mix (68 min) is for ages 8-18, entertaining while highlighting the diversity, yet commonality of the human family. 1:00pm Kid Flix Mix – 2:30pm Party Mix
- Family Dance Planet. Join other Boulder families to dance and explore movement at this ongoing event. Every 3rd Saturday. Costs. All ages. Avalon Ballroom. 10 to Noon.
- French/English Storytime. Join this great bilingual reading. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
Sunday, November 18
- Switch on the Holidays 5:00pm 1300 block of Pearl Street. Downtown Boulder.
- Nature For Kids & Parents: Gobble, Gobble. Join OSMP to play a game of “Follow the Turkey Leader”. Learn the many terrific facts about wild turkeys and how they are different than domesticated turkeys! Make wild turkey hats, play games, learn a song and strut in the woods. Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Ages 6+. Free. 1 to 3pm.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, November 19
- FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
- Monday Milk and Cookies at Becoming Mothers. If you are a nursing mama this is a great way to gather with others, share, ask any questions you may have, etc…
- After Nappers Toddler Circle at Parenting Place. Toddlers 10 to 24 mos. Free. 2:30 to 4:00pm
Tuesday, November 20
- Bilingual English/Spanish Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. A program for babies birth to 12 months and their caregivers.
Wednesday, November 21
Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Cruisers and Crawlers @ Main Boulder Library. Toddlers ages 9 to 24 months and their caregivers. 10:15am.
Thursday, November 22
- Parents with Infants Support Group at Parenting Place. Free. Newborn to 9 mos. 10:30 to Noon.
Upcoming Family Events:
November 23: St. Nick on the Bricks 11:00am to 2:00pm at 1301 Pearl Street
- Lights of December Parade 6:00pm Downtown Boulder
CU Wizards: Bio Chem for Kids! 9:30am on campus
December 5: Boulder Children’s Author Kerry MacLean will read Pigs Over Boulder 2 at the Boulder Bookstore
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #October #November
Cute pict of the boys