Boulder Family Events is a weekly listing of what is happening in Boulder that will be of interest to families. Please feel free to submit your unique, low cost or free events or ones you have heard about. This listing is a resource for all families, so please get involved!
Friday, August 23
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
Saturday, August 24
- Flick N Float. Check out the movie, “E.T” in the pool at Scott Carpenter Pool. Family open swim will begin at 7 p.m. and the movie will begin at dusk (around 8:30 p.m.). $5/person or $20/family of 5.
- Boulder Outdoor Cinema presents Monte Python [Holy Grail]. Find this fun outdoor theater experience happening in the parking lot behind the Tea House just off of 13th street. Gates open at 7pm, a band starts at 7:30pm and the movie starts at dusk. This is a fun, family-friendly Boulder event.
- Boulder Folders–Learn Origami. Informal origami workshops for people aged 10 and older or experienced younger folders accompanied by an adult. Please bring your own paper if you have it. Main Boulder Library. 10:15am to Noon.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
Sunday, August 25
- Go Club for Kids & Teens. Learn to play the ancient and mysterious board game known as Go. Developed 4000 years ago in China, the rules are so simple they can be taught in a few minutes–but it can take a lifetime to master the game. Go boards are provided and take-home sets made of cardboard are available for free. Ages 5 and up.
Monday, August 26
- All Aboard the Tebo Train. Calling all kiddos, enjoy a free ride on Pearl Street Mall’s one-and-only Tebo Train! Children ages 10 and under (and accompanying adults) will chug along the beautiful Pearl Street Mall on the only set of wheels permitted “on the bricks”! Board from 10 – 11:15 am in front of Wells Frago Bank at the corner of 12th and Pearl Street. Admission is FREE!
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, August 27
- FREE Day at the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Bilingual Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. This ongoing storytime engages native and non-native Spanish speaking children. 10:15am.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am.
Wednesday, August 28
- Boulder Folders at the Reynolds Branch Library. Come learn to fold some spectacular shapes. It’s easier than it looks! Drop-ins welcome & paper provided. 1 to 3pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am. More details in the June 10 listing.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, August 29
#getoutside #free #parenting #boulder #colorado