Boulder Family Events is a weekly listing of what is happening in Boulder that will be of interest to families. Please feel free to submit your unique, low cost or free events or ones you have heard about. This listing is a resource for all families, so please get involved!
Friday, September 6
- Pearl Street Stampedes are starting up again! These are fun for the whole family. Come out and cheer on the CU Buffs, listen to band music, and get merry. Starts at 7pm in from of the Boulder County Court House.
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
Saturday, September 7
- Denver Kids Fun Fest by PBS. Entertainment, activities, characters and more. This sounds fun!
- Hygiene Hay Days Festival. Come celebrate the harvest season with a family friendly festival. Live music, hayrides, farmers market, food and more. More info at 303.651.1106 [can’t find a website]. Noon to 8pm.
- FREE Day at the Denver Art Museum
- FREE Day at the Denver Firefighter Museum
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
Sunday, September 8
- FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science
- Go Club for Kids & Teens. Learn to play the ancient and mysterious board game known as Go. Developed 4000 years ago in China, the rules are so simple they can be taught in a few minutes–but it can take a lifetime to master the game. Go boards are provided and take-home sets made of cardboard are available for free. Ages 5 and up.
Monday, September 9
- Boulder Folders–Learn Origami. Informal origami workshops for people aged 10 and older or experienced younger folders accompanied by an adult. Please bring your own paper if you have it.
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, September 10
- Bilingual Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. This ongoing storytime engages native and non-native Spanish speaking children. 10:15am.
Wednesday, September 11
- Cruisers & Crawlers at the Main Boulder Library. On the first three Wednesdays of the month, crawlers and beginning toddlers (9-24 months) explore language and books with their caregivers in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to crawlers and beginning toddlers up to 24 months of age; no older children please.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, September 12
- Toddler Time at the Main Boulder LIbrary. Toddlers (18-36 months) and caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to toddlers up to 36 months of age; no older children please. 10:15am
- Storytime at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Join this South Boulder library for a sweet storytime.
#getoutside #free #parenting #boulder #colorado