Friday, February 1
- LEAP into Science at the Lafayette Library. Mystery of the Monster Bug’s Shadow
Explore light & shadow! Learn how the groundhog can see his shadow! Help kids in grades 2 to 4 think like scientists at this free event. 4:00 to 5:00pm.
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Open Tumbling for Preschoolers at the Boulder JCC. Noon to 3:00pm. $5.
Saturday, February 2
- Laurie Berkner is playing her wonderful kid’s music at the Boulder Theater. This may sell out, so get your tickets! Highly Recommended!
- Happy Ground Hog Day Flatiron Freddy! Join city of Boulder OSMP Rangers for a celebration of Ground Hog Day and a short hike/program. Hike the Chautauqua trail a few hundred yards to meet Freddy and see if his shadow appears. Kids will learn how the stars above have something to do with this day and why a real ground hog would never see his shadow in Colorado. We will also find out more about groundhogs and their relatives. Meet at Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Free morning treats and coffee! Please dress warmly and leave dogs at home. Free. 8:00 to 8:30am.
- Father/Daughter Valentine’s Day Dance at the North Boulder Recreation Center. 9 and under.
- FREE Day at the Denver Art Museum
- French/English Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Listen to French children’s books read by Marie. A treat! 10:15am.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages.
Sunday, February 3
- Nature for Kids & Parents: Abert’s Squirrel This unique tree dwelling squirrel stays active in the winter. Visit Abert’s squirrel habitat with OSMP Volunteer Naturalist and learn about it’s fascinating relationship with the Ponderosa Pine. We’ll be detectives and search for signs, learn a song and play squirrel tag! Meet at the Lehigh Street entrance to Shanahan Ridge (map search 1903 Lehigh and Lafayette Streets intersect) for an easy hike. Free. Ages 6 and up. 1:00 to 2:30pm.
- FREE Day at the Denver Zoo
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, February 4
- FREE Day at the Denver Zoo
- Monday Milk & Cookies at Becoming Mothers. Join other nursing moms to discuss a wide range of issues. Free. 11:00 to Noon.
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table
- Musical Storytime with Alice and Melanie. This is a fun music and story time with beloved Boulder artists. 10:15am.
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and much more. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am.
Tuesday, February 5
- FREE Night at The Children’s Museum of Denver. 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- New! Grandrabbits’ Play Day. There is always a new theme Free. Children 2 to 7. 11:00 to 11:45am.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15 am.
Wednesday, February 6
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Thursday, February 7
- Thursday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Storytime for all children. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Open Tumbling for Preschoolers at the Boulder JCC. 9:30 to 11:00am and 2:00 to 4:00pm. $5.
February 8: Winter Star Party with OSMP. 6:00 to 8:30pm
- Sing along with Jeff and Paige at the CU Museum of Natural History
- Winter Star Party with OSMP 6:00 to 8:30pm.
- Mad Science: Fire & Ice at George Reynolds & Meadows Branch Libraries
February 10: Annual Bach Festival for Kids at the Main Boulder Library
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #February