Friday, March 22
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Open Tumbling for Preschoolers at the Boulder JCC. Noon to 3:00pm. $5.
- Family Game Night at the Meadows Branch Library. Free. 4:00pm.
Saturday, March 23
- City of Lafayette Easter Egg Hunt. Free. Ages 1 to 8. More details here.
- Spring Time Bird Houses. Come paint a wooded bird house with acrylic outdoor paints and then accessorize it with embellishments: gems, natural earth materials, jeweled stones, and other materials. Register ahead of time. $15. Kids ages 3 to 9. 10:00am to 11:30am.
- Boulder Folders. Learn to fold origami. 10:15 at the Main Boulder Library.
- BMoCA [Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts] FREE Day. This is a surprisingly kid friendly space! We loved the one where you threw cups against the wall. See what’s happening at this local Boulder museum.
Sunday, March 24
- Reading the Language of the Landscape. The roll of the hills, the texture in the fields, the patterns of the snow – these are the voices of the landscape, patiently waiting for an ear to hear and an eye to see the stories they have to tell. Join naturalist Lynne Sullivan to learn to read the language of the landscape for the subtle and significant stories of our beloved wildlands. Meet at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage and bring water, snacks and plenty of layers as this hike will take us into colder, shadier trails. 10:00am to 1:00pm.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, March 25
- Monday Milk & Cookies Club at Becoming Mothers. Meet other moms and discuss concerns. Free. 11:00am.
- Monday Storytime at the Library. Join librarians at the Main Boulder Library for an interactive storytime. 10:15am.
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table
Tuesday, March 26
- Grandrabbits’ Play Day. There is always a new theme Free. Children 2 to 7. 11:00 to 11:45am.
- Storytime at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Join librarians for an interactive storytime. 10:15am.
- Storytime Creek Walk: Spring is here! Free. All ages. 10:15am.
Wednesday, March 27
- FREE Day at the Denver Botanic Gardens.
Signs of Spring: Children’s Story Time and Hike. Celebrate the arrival of spring as naturalist Ellen Orleans reads picture books at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Children join in the fun with foot stomping, arm-flapping, and sound effects galore. Afterwards, we’ll go for a kid-friendly, signs of spring hike. Geared toward 3 to 6-year-olds. Please wear shoes that can get muddy. Bring water and a snack if you like. 10:00am.
- Boulder Folders at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Learn to fold beautiful origami. Free. 1:00pm.
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Storytime at the Meadows Branch Library. 10:15am.
Thursday, March 28
- Thursday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Storytime for all children. 10:15am
- Open Tumbling for Preschoolers at the Boulder JCC. 9:30 to 11:00am and 2:00 to 4:00pm. $5.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach Boulder Families here or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #March