What is your family up to this weekend? Share your plans or other fun things going on around town here [comment here] or on our Facebook Page.
Friday, May 17
- Game Night at the Meadows Branch Library. Come with the whole family to play! Play board games, card games, and even video games. 4:00pm.
Saturday, May 18
- Get Outdoors! CD Release Party for Jeff & Paige. This will be a fun, interactive musical event with well loved Boulder musicians. Kids up to 10. To purchase tickets or for more information click here. Two shows: 11:00am and 3:00pm.
- Growing Garden’s Community Plant Sale. This is the last one! Come get some organic veggies at this local nonprofit.
- Boulder Community Day: Clean! Plant! Restore! Play! Check out everything happening for the Boulder community at the Boulder Community Day
- Fishin’ Fun!, part of National Kids to Parks Day. Join ranger naturalist Arian Hampel for a two-hour fishing excursion. We will explore fishing techniques, equipment to use, and places to go on OSMP lands to catch bass, sunfish, bluegill and carp. Limited equipment provided, but feel free to bring your own. Kids will have a better time if their equipment is sized for them. And—when teaching a youngster to fish, it is best to leave your own equipment at home. If you are 16 or over, bring your fishing license. Limit: 24 people. Please register online using this link:http://kidsfishing.eventbrite.com Meeting location will be provided when you register. 2:00 to 4:00pm
- Hiking As A Family, part of National Kids to Parks. Celebrate National Kids to Parks Day and Boulder Community Day by loading up the family to hit the trails. Naturalists will share fun, kid-oriented nature games and ideas on the importance of getting kids outdoors this summer and beyond. Meet at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage and be prepared for an easy hike around the trails. See what is in their “bag of tricks” to encourage kids to soak up the natural world. 10:00am to 11:30am
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
- CU Wizards presents Waves and Radios: The Physics of the Information Age! Grades 5 to 9, but everyone is welcome. On campus. 9:30am.
- Green Playhouse Auction at the Boulder Community Day. Check out these amazing playhouses. They are on the auction block starting at 1:30pm at the East Boulder Community Center. 1:30pm
Sunday, May 19
- Magicians of the Mountain Parks Come meet some of the astonishing magicians who live in our wild backyard – the rabbit, the skunk, the weasel and more. Magician Paul Norton and Naturalist Lynne Sullivan will reveal the amazing survival strategies of our wild neighbors. Join us at the Sunrise Amphitheater on Flagstaff Mountain for this stationary nature magic show. 11:00am.