Friday, June 14
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. Head down to Pearl Street for some free, grooving good tunes. Let the kids play in the pop fountain and dance the afternoon away. Noon to 1:30pm.
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
Saturday, June 15
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
- Hellen Olson: The Down and Dirty Guide to Camping with Kids at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Great for the whole family whether you are veteran campers or just want to start getting your family out. 11:00am to Noon.
- Louisville Public Library Kickoff Event for All Summer Reading: Digging in the Dirt. All ages are welcome to participate in this hands-on program presented by Dr. Cathy Regan of the University of Colorado Museum. Much of what is done at the Museum starts with digging in the dirt. Explore and share some of the techniques and collections: Archaeology—Dig up ancient southwestern potsherds to discover how much insight we gain into people’s lives from a single broken piece of pottery. Paleontology—Search for real fossils in material dug up by ants in Wyoming. Animal adaptations for living in the dirt. Look at real museum specimens up close to learn about what it takes to excavate and live underground. 10:00am to Noon.
Sunday, June 16 — Happy Father’s Day!
- Ballet in the Park with the Boulder Ballet. The ninth-annual outdoor concert series, free to the public! This family-friendly repertoire concert features excerpts from the season along with new works, in classical and contemporary styles. Come early with a picnic, enjoy a beautiful summer evening with the ballet, and then marvel at the spontaneous dancing by children from the audience after the show! Performance length is approximately one hour. Broomfield Amphitheater.
- Charlotte’s Web performed by the Now or Never Theater brings this classic tale to life with puppets, shadows and storytelling performed by Betsy Tobin and Margarita Blush. Children and adults will love this touching story enacted with puppets and magical shadow imagery of the webs that Charlotte weaves for her friend, Wilbur.
at the Boulder Public Library. Free. 2:00 to 3:00pm at the Main Boulder Library Canyon Theater.
Monday, June 17
- All Aboard the Tebo Train. Calling all kiddos, enjoy a free ride on Pearl Street Mall’s one-and-only Tebo Train! Children ages 10 and under (and accompanying adults) will chug along the beautiful Pearl Street Mall on the only set of wheels permitted “on the bricks”! Board from 10 – 11:15 am in front of Wells Frago Bank at the corner of 12th and Pearl Street. Admission is FREE!
- Meadow Music. Meadow Music programs are our most popular (and very fun) education and outreach events. Children and parents join OSMP’s Jeff Kagan, Paige Doughty, Mark Wesson and other guest artists for evenings of children’s music and nature education. The evening consists of a short, kid-friendly hike on the McClintock Trail followed by 45 minutes of nature music for kids on the Chautauqua Green. Best for kids ages 2-8. Meadow Music is free! Bring a picnic, bring a blanket, rain or shine.
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, June 18
- GrandRabbits’ Play Day. Join this great toy store for unique crafts and activities each week. Free. 11:00am.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am.
Wednesday, June 19
- Summer Reading Crafts at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Open to all. 3:00pm.
- Bands on the Bricks. Get down and enjoy great live music playing on the Pearl Street Mall. Check out the line up here. Free. 7:00 to 9:00pm [libations starting at 5:30pm]
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am. More details in the June 10 listing.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, June 20