Friday, July 19
- Boulder Rural Fire Station Kids Day. Do you have young kids who love fire trucks? Join the Boulder Rural Fire Station for a great story time and exploration. Following an age appropriate fire safety story, children will be given a tour of our station and the apparatus by our firefighters. [They will do it again August 16 if you miss this one] Located at 6230 Lookout Rd, Bldr. Join them at 10:30am. Free for children 3 to 5.
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. Head down to Pearl Street for some free, grooving good tunes. Let the kids play in the pop fountain and dance the afternoon away. Noon to 1:30pm.
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
Saturday, July 20
- Nature Hikes for Kids and Parents: Wildflowers. Experience wildflowers and the roles they play on the land and for wildlife. Learn about pollination and how insects are attracted by color, fragrance, and shape. Hike beautiful Chautauqua Meadow with Debora Martin, Early Childhood Educator/Volunteer Naturalist. Meet at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage for an easy hike on Bluebell-Baird. Bring a nature journal and camera. (optional) Ages 6-8
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
- Twenty Ninth Street Live! Live musical performances Saturday nights throughout the summer. Food trucks, drinks, music. All outside at the Twenty Ninth Street Mall. 7:00 to 10:00pm.
Sunday, July 21
Monday, July 22
- FREE Day at the Boulder Rez. Get out and explore our local reservoir. Rent a boat. Go for a Swim.
- All Aboard the Tebo Train. Calling all kiddos, enjoy a free ride on Pearl Street Mall’s one-and-only Tebo Train! Children ages 10 and under (and accompanying adults) will chug along the beautiful Pearl Street Mall on the only set of wheels permitted “on the bricks”! Board from 10 – 11:15 am in front of Wells Frago Bank at the corner of 12th and Pearl Street. Admission is FREE!
- Meadow Music. Meadow Music programs are our most popular (and very fun) education and outreach events. Children and parents join OSMP’s Jeff Kagan, Paige Doughty, Mark Wesson and other guest artists for evenings of children’s music and nature education. The evening consists of a short, kid-friendly hike on the McClintock Trail followed by 45 minutes of nature music for kids on the Chautauqua Green. Best for kids ages 2-8. Meadow Music is free! Bring a picnic, bring a blanket, rain or shine.
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, July 23
- Teen Summer Film Series: The King of California. For middle- and high schooled- aged youth only! Pizza in the Teen Art Gallery at 5:00. Movie in the Canyon Theater at 5:30.
- GrandRabbits’ Play Day. Join this great toy store for unique crafts and activities each week. Free. 11:00am.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am.
Wednesday, July 24
- Waneka Lake July Concert Series.Tonight is the Chain Station
Chain Station is a 4-piece, high-energy, get ‘em out on the dance floor stringband from the Front Range. Good fun for the whole family. Starts at 7pm at the Waneka Lake Park.
- FREE Day at the North Boulder Recreation Center. Swim. Workout. This is a great indoor kid friendly pool!
- Bands on the Bricks. Get down and enjoy great live music playing on the Pearl Street Mall. Check out the line up here. Free. 7:00 to 9:00pm [libations starting at 5:30pm]
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am. More details in the June 10 listing.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, July 25