Want to get your family outdoors more? The City of Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks provides excellent programming for families! I have lived in Boulder long enough that I have very little perspective on other communities’ programs to help get kids and families outdoors. But I know we have an amazing resource in the Open Space and Mountain Parks!
If you are looking for ways to get outdoors with your family check out their Nature Hikes and Nature Programs. These programs are really varied. Here are some upcoming opportunities to give you an idea of what they offer on a regular basis. Jump on board. Get outside. Have fun!
- Art Inspired by the Land – Art Show Opening Reception When: Friday, July 26, 2013, 5:00 PM. Open Space and Mountain Parks will host an art show celebrating art created by the community at the Boulder Public Library Canyon Gallery.
- Fishin’ Fun When: Friday, July 26, 2013, 5:00 PM. Join ranger naturalist Arian Hampel for a two-hour excursion to to teach kids the basics of fishing on OSMP.
- Stars of a Summer Night When: Saturday, July 27, 2013, 9:00 PM. Join Naturalist Dave Sutherland and a large telescope for a trip through the universe!
- Magicians of the Mountain Parks – a Nature Magic Show for the Whole Family When: Sunday, July 28, 2013, 9:30 AM. Take an exciting glimpse into the spectacular lives of the wild ones who live in Open Space and Mountain Parks.
- WabWabi-Sabi: Finding Beauty on OSMP. When: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 9:00 AM. Join naturalist and artist Jane Larson on this easy hike and explore Wabi-Sabi, the Japanese aesthetic of “the beauty of things imperfect.
- Calling All Rockhounds!. When: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 9:30 AM. Nature For Kids Parents: Calling All Rock Hounds! Search for rocks and minerals! Take a fantasy journey back in time. Ages 6 and up.
Open Space and Mountain Parks offers more than ongoing programming for the community. Check out their fun pages for kids too. They include outdoor oriented jokes, bingo pages, etc… Here is a the Wildlife Decoder:
To learn more about all Open Space and Mountain Parks is doing in our community head to their website here.