Boulder Family Events is a weekly listing of what is happening in Boulder that will be of interest to families. Please feel free to submit your unique, low cost or free events or ones you have heard about. This listing is a resource for all families, so please get involved!
Friday, August 16
- Colorado Railroad Museum FREE for Boulder Residents. Yes, you heard right. If you live in Boulder you can visit the CRM for FREE today. If your kids are crazy about vehicles or just interested in train history then head on down for this special day.
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. Head down to Pearl Street for some free, grooving good tunes. Let the kids play in the pop fountain and dance the afternoon away. Noon to 1:30pm.
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
- The Hill Flea: Reuse, Remake, Create, Community Fun! Live music, garage sales, merchants, food, skills sharing, tours of the Hill, etc… This is an eclectic day and you are invited to join. On the Hill. 10:00am to 4:00pm
Saturday, August 17
- Back to School Family Fun Ride with Community Cycles. This ride is designed to welcome the ten-and-under set. We’ll ride on paved off-street paths to Scott Carpenter Park, where we’ll break for snacks (bring your own) and playground time. Older and more experienced kids may add a journey along off-street paths to Martin Park. Meet at 9:00 to 10:30am at Community Cycles. Trailers and tag-a-longs encouraged!
- Boulder Outdoor Cinema presents Tombstone. Find this fun outdoor theater experience happening in the parking lot behind the Tea House just off of 13th street. Gates open at 7pm, a band starts at 7:30pm and the movie starts at dusk. This is a fun, family-friendly Boulder event.
- Boulder Public Library Children’s Book Sale. Come browse hundreds of children’s books, including picture books, chapter books, easy readers, and nonfiction. Take home some gems, or find some great books for your classroom!
Books are 25 cents each or 5 for a dollar. Main library. All day.
- 14th Annual Lafayette Peach Festival. Food, kids activities, and of course plenty of peaches. More information here. 9:00am to 4:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
- Twenty Ninth Street Live! Live musical performances Saturday nights throughout the summer. Food trucks, drinks, music. All outside at the Twenty Ninth Street Mall. 7:00 to 10:00pm.
Sunday, August 18
- Junior Rangers Adventures–Hop, Jump & Hike on Patrol with the Rangers. Rangers patrol the parks every day. Sometimes unexpected obstacles like rocks, logs, river crossings and even wild animals make park patrol difficult. Go on patrol with the rangers and complete a natural obstacle course. Meet at Bald Mountain Open Space. 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Library Summer Festival. Join the Boulder Public Library for our Summer Reading Program celebration–with an afternoon of music–featuring Pick Up Sticks Marimba, magic–with Erica Sodos, games, and fun activities on the Library Plaza Lawn in front of the Canyon Gallery entrance. 2:00 to 5:00pm.
Monday, August 19
- Summertime Stories and Children’s Hike Join Boulder’s Open Space & Mountain Parks to celebrate summer with stories of flowers, frogs, ants, shadows, and more. Join naturalist Ellen Orleans for lively picture books at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage and then a fun hike. Geared toward 3 to 6-year-olds. 10:00am.
- FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.
- All Aboard the Tebo Train. Calling all kiddos, enjoy a free ride on Pearl Street Mall’s one-and-only Tebo Train! Children ages 10 and under (and accompanying adults) will chug along the beautiful Pearl Street Mall on the only set of wheels permitted “on the bricks”! Board from 10 – 11:15 am in front of Wells Frago Bank at the corner of 12th and Pearl Street. Admission is FREE!
- Meadow Music. Meadow Music programs are our most popular (and very fun) education and outreach events. Children and parents join OSMP’s Jeff Kagan, Paige Doughty, Mark Wesson and other guest artists for evenings of children’s music and nature education. The evening consists of a short, kid-friendly hike on the McClintock Trail followed by 45 minutes of nature music for kids on the Chautauqua Green. Best for kids ages 2-8. Meadow Music is free! Bring a picnic, bring a blanket, rain or shine.
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, August 20
- Bilingual Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. This ongoing storytime engages native and non-native Spanish speaking children. 10:15am.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am.
Wednesday, August 21
- Bands on the Bricks. Get down and enjoy great live music playing on the Pearl Street Mall. Check out the line up here. Free. 7:00 to 9:00pm [libations starting at 5:30pm]
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- TEBO Train on Pearl Street Mall. Free. 10:00am to 11:15am. More details in the June 10 listing.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, August 22
#getoutside #free #parenting #boulder #colorado