Friday, September 27
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
Saturday, September 28
- Family Day at the CU Museum of Natural History: From the mountains, to the prairies, to the oceans. Oceans of fun and learning! Explore how we impact the oceans from a thousand miles away, and how the oceans impact you. Hands on science and art activities for the whole family. This is a free event on the CU Campus.
- Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde presented by Theater Hikes Colorado at Chautauqua. This is a unique opportunity for families to enjoy the outdoors, hiking and theater. It is appropriate for children 8 and up. Buy tickets ahead of time here. Starts at Noon.
- Boulder Rural Fire Department’s Spaghetti Dinner is a family friendly event. If you have a truck crazy child this may be the highlight of the year! Eat yummy food, kids play some games, take a tour of the station, and much more. Proceeds benefit fire fighters impacted by the floods.
- LEGO Master Builder Academy. Join Barnes and Noble for a hands-on learning event for kids ages 8 and up. Bring your young LEGO fans to the store where they can master the art of building. 1:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
Sunday, September 29
- Nature For Kids & Parents: Coyote Tales. A chorus of yaps, whines, barks and howls: these musical sounds can be heard at any time of the day or year. Hike in coyote country with Debora Martin, Early Childhood Educator/Volunteer Naturalist to hunt, howl and learn why coyotes can adapt to just about any region of North America! Meet at the Lehigh street entrance to Shanahan Ridge (map search1903 Lehigh Street in Boulder, where Lehigh and Lafayette Streets Intersect) for a hike on Shanahan Ridge Trail. Ages 5 and up. 1:00 to 2:30pm.
- Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde presented by Theater Hikes Colorado at Chautauqua. This is a unique opportunity for families to enjoy the outdoors, hiking and theater! It is appropriate for children 8 and up. Buy tickets ahead of time here. Starts at Noon.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens. Learn to play the ancient and mysterious board game known as Go. Developed 4000 years ago in China, the rules are so simple they can be taught in a few minutes–but it can take a lifetime to master the game. Go boards are provided and take-home sets made of cardboard are available for free. Ages 5 and up.
Monday, September 30
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Kids can enjoy storytime activities in the Children’s Area.
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, October 1
Wednesday, October 2
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Children enjoy stories, songs and more in the Children’s Area.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, October 3
- Toddler Time at the Main Boulder LIbrary. Toddlers (18-36 months) and caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to toddlers up to 36 months of age; no older children please. 10:15am
#getoutside #free #parenting #boulder #colorado