Wondering what to do this week? Check out this list of fun family-friendly events and happenings around town!
Friday, October 4
- Pearl Street Stampedes are fun for the whole family. Come out and cheer on the CU Buffs, listen to band music, and get merry. Starts at 7pm in from of the Boulder County Court House. Free.
- Family Dance Planet’s Friday Family Dance. Family dance fundraiser for flood victims. Avalon Ballroom 6 to 7:30pm. Free to join in. All donations go to support flood relief.
- Friday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Come listen to stories. Free. 10:15am.
Saturday, October 5
- FREE Day at the Denver Art Museum.
- Greenwood Wildlife Rehabilitation Program sponsored by the Boulder Public Library. Kids will learn about wildlife rehabilitation and why its important. Theyll also learn what to do if they find an injured or orphaned baby animal, and how they, as kids, can make a difference for their local wildlife. Meadows Branch Library at 3pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, do some artwork, get some lunch. There is always so much going on at the market! 8:00am to 2:00pm.
- FREE Day at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits or stop by during the Farmer’s Market for a fun kids craft.
- Kids Workshop at the Boulder Home Depot. Mornings until noon.
Sunday, October 6
- FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- FREE Day at the Boulder History Museum
- Go Club for Kids & Teens. Learn to play the ancient and mysterious board game known as Go. Developed 4000 years ago in China, the rules are so simple they can be taught in a few minutes–but it can take a lifetime to master the game. Go boards are provided and take-home sets made of cardboard are available for free. Ages 5 and up.
Monday, October 7
- FREE Day at the Denver Botanic Gardens
- Musical Storytime with Alice and Melanie. Bring your little ones for fun stories and songs. 10:15 at the Main Boulder Library.
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Kids can enjoy storytime activities in the Children’s Area.
- Kids Eat FREE: Larkburger & Cafe Mexicali
Tuesday, October 8
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies (birth-12 months) and their caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to babies up to 12 months of age; no older children please.
- Read to the Dog at the Meadows Branch Library. Whether your child needs to practice reading or not they all love reading to the sweet dogs at the library! Practice your reading by reading aloud to one of our calm and certified therapy dogs. They love to be read to and they never criticize! Parents must sign up ahead of time. Call Pam at 303-441-4390 to reserve space.
Wednesday, October 9
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Children enjoy stories, songs and more in the Children’s Area.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. Meet your farmers, buy some veggies, get some dinner, listen to live music and even have a beer. There is always so much going on at the market and it’s not as crowded as Saturdays, so it’s great for families! 4:00 to 8:00pm.
- FREE Night at BMoCA. Join them all day to delight in their exhibits. 4 to 8pm.
- Kids Eat FREE tonight at Wahoo’s!
Thursday, October 10
- Toddler Time at the Main Boulder LIbrary. Toddlers (18-36 months) and caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to toddlers up to 36 months of age; no older children please. 10:15am
#getoutside #free #parenting #boulder #colorado