Listed here are some great family events. Most are free. They are all opportunities to be together as a family and engage your kids of all ages. This week is packed, especially april 7, with some great events! Have a fantastic week!
Friday, April 6
- Discovery Days at the Longmont Museum & Cultural Center. Ages 2 to 5. Low cost [$3.50 to $4.50/child]. Drop-in sessions: 9:00 to 10:15, 10:15 to 11:30, 12:30 to 2:00.
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, April 7
French/English Storytime at the Main Library. All ages. Free.
Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Map. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Denver Art Museum. All ages. Free admission all day. Ongoing: free the first Saturday of each month.
Family Day at CU Museum of Natural History: April is “Beetlemania” Month. All ages. Free. 1:00 to 4:00pm. Explore the size, shape, color, habitat, taste and behavior of beetles, the most diverse specie on earth! Learn what links all 400,000 species together and sing some Beatles songs as well!
- CU Wizards: Hope for a Broken Heart! 9:30 to 10:30am. All ages are welcome, but aimed at grade 5 through 9. The CU Wizards program brings the joy of science to young people. Cristol Chemistry 142 on the CU-Boulder campus
Open Space Story Hour! 1:00 to 2:00pm. All ages. Free. City of Boulder Open Space & Mountain Parks. 1 – 1:30 pm Nature-themed Story Books, 1:35 – 1:55 The Hunt for Spring Hike, 2:00 – 2:30 More Nature-themed Story Books.
- Flagstaff Mountain Bouldering Tour with Open Space and Mountain Parks. All ages. 10:00 to 12:00pm. Free. Learn about the Flagstaff Mountain bouldering formations, where the bouldering problems are, and enjoy a beautiful day out. Meet at the first overhang parking area. See link above for more details.
- Grand Rabbits 36th Annual Easter Egg Hunt. Free. At Boulder store. 10:00 to 2:00pm.
- Elks Club Easter Egg Hunt. All ages. 11am. 3975 28th Street, Boulder. Call to get more information 303.442.5003.
Boulder Valley Church of Christ Egg Hunt. All ages. 2:00 to 4:00pm. 270 76th Street, Boulder.
Sunday, April 8
Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Red Lion 3rd Annual Egg Hunt. Open to the public and guest. Ages 2 to 12. Free.
1:30 to 2:30pm. Every child finds eggs and trades them for prizes and treats. Please call 303-443-5882 or email Tina Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Monday, April 9
Boulder Folders– Origami Creation Group at the Main Boulder Library. 6:30 to 9:30pm. Ages 10 and up or experienced younger folders. Free. They provide paper & instruction.
Children’s Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Tuesday, April 10
Read to the Dog at Meadows Branch Library. All ages. Free. 3:30 to 5:30pm. To participate please call the library ahead of time at 303-441-4390.
Children’s Storytime @ George Reynolds Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies up to 12 months explore books & stories with their caregivers. No older children, please! Free. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, April 11
Children’s Storytime @ Meadows Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Thursday, April 12
Grandrabbits Playdate. 10:30 to 11:15am. Ages 2 to 6. Free. Ongoing activity.