may 11 to 18, 2012
Listed here are some great family events. Most are free. They are all opportunities to be together as a family and engage your kids of all ages.
Have a fantastic week!
Friday, May 11
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Family Game Night. Meadows Branch Library. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Fun for the whole family!
Saturday, May 12
- Hill Flee Market. An event happening on The Hill with great finds, yoga, music, and much more. For a listing of kids’ events click here.
Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. All ages. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing activity.
Top Hogs: The Einsteins of Porcine. Join the Boulder Library for 2 amazing, comedy-filled trick pig show that is action-packed and fun for the entire family. All ages. At George Reynolds Library from 11 to noon. At the Meadows Branch Library at 3:00pm.
- Golden History Museum’s Blacksmith Day. Blacksmiths will be forging iron into useful items. Amazing to watch! All ages. Free.
Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Map. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
Family Day at CU Museum of Natural History: May’s theme is Running Water: Rivers, Streams and Faucets. All ages. Free. 1:00 to 4:00pm. Explore the size, shape, color, habitat, taste and behavior of beetles, the most diverse specie on earth! Learn what links all 400,000 species together and sing some Beatles songs as well!
Bookmaking for Kids at Two Hands Paperier. Ages 5+. 10:30 to 1:00pm. Cost $55 [1 child/1 adult]
Sunday, May 13 [Happy Mother’s Day!]
- Roll and Stroll for Wildflowers: Wheelchair accessible hike. Lead by OSMP naturalists. Meet at South Boulder Trail. All ages.
- Boulder Ballet’s Mother’s Day performance of Cinderella. Tickets sell out. More info here.
Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, May 14
Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am.
Musical Storytime with Alice and Melanie @Main Boulder Library in the Canyon Theater. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free.
Open Tumble Time at the JCC. $5 for your young one to play and learn in the JCC’s Tumble Room. 9:00 to 11:00am and 2:00 to 4:00pm.
Tuesday, May 15
- Children’s Storytime @ George Reynolds Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies up to 12 months explore books & stories with their caregivers. 10:15 to 11:00am. No older children, please! Free. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, May 16
Children’s Storytime @ Meadows Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. 9 to 24 months. Ongoing.
- Barnes & Noble Storytime. Ongoing activity. 10:00am.
Gymboree Storytime @ Barnes and Noble. Stories, movement and more. Ongoing activity. 1:00pm.
Thursday, May 17
Grandrabbits Playdate. 10:30 to 11:15am. Ages 2 to 6. Free. Ongoing activity.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook