july 6 to 12, 2012
Listed here are some great family events. Most are free. They are all opportunities to be together as a family and engage your kids of all ages. HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!
Special Events: Kutandara Marimbas @ BPL, FREE DAY at the Denver Art Museum, Strider Bike Party at Grand Rabbits, & Author readings at the Boulder Bookstore and BPL
Friday, July 6
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Family Game Night at Meadows Library. 4:00 to 5:45pm. All ages. Free.
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. Live music and jam on the Mall. This week is Sue Schnitzer, beloved Boulder children’s musician. Kids love this event!
- First Fridays on “the Plaza” at the BPL featuring Kutandara Marimbas. Join in the fun, bring the family, a picnic, some drinks, lawn chairs, and enjoy the incredible music of this beloved Boulder musical group. Free. 6:30 to 7:45pm.
Saturday, July 7
- Storytime and puppet show at the Boulder Bookstore. Author Nathan Kumar Scott will present his new children’s book, The Great Race, through the use of puppets and storytelling. Free. All ages. 11am.
- French/English Bilingual Storytime with Marie at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. All ages. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing activity.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Homedepot Kids Club: Bring your kids to take part in building a project of their own. You can stay with them, or if they are old enough shop while they create. All ages. Mornings every 1st/3rd Saturday.
- FREE DAY at the Denver Art Museum. Thanks to the SCFD your whole family gets in free, all day.
Sunday, July 8
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, July 9
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Meadow Music. This is a treat for families and includes live music and nature education. Consider bringing a picnic and enjoy the show. Ages 2 to 8 [but all ages are welcome!]. 5:30 to 6:45pm at Chautauqua
Tuesday, July 10
- Strider Bike Gathering at Grand Rabbits Toy Store in Boulder. Bring your strider bikes and your little one can play in the “balance bike playground” they will be creating in the courtyard area. There will be coffee for adults. All kids get a ribbon. Free. 9:30 to 10:30am. Must wear helmet.
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies up to 12 months explore books & stories with their caregivers. 10:15 to 11:00am. No older children, please! Free. Ongoing activity.
- Children’s Author Reading at Boulder Public Library. Meet Mr. Eric (Eric Litwin) who is a guitar strumming, book writing, harmonica blowing, banjo picking, song singing, five time national award winning, folksy fun type of guy. He is a # 1 New York Times Best Selling author of Pete the Cat & I Love my White Shoes. 11:00 to Noon AND 4:00 to 5:00pm.
- WOW Children’s Museum Tactile Tuesday. New tactile art projects available with admission/membership. Up to age 11. 9:00 to 11:00am.
- Dance for Children [and the Whole Family]! Participatory dance program for children of all ages and their parents! A fun way to learn dances from around the world, find out what young folks like in other countries. Outside on the Plaza beside the Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th (between Arapahoe & Canyon) in Boulder. Free. All ages. 6:15 to 7:00pm. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, July 11
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. Free. Ongoing.
- Cruisers and Crawlers @ Main Boulder Library. Toddlers to 24 month olds with caregivers. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 4:00 to 8:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Valmont Bike Park Family Rides. Bring the bikes and the family for fun rides on the amazing terrain at Boulder’s coolest bike park. All ages. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Free.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 4:00 to 8:00pm. All ages
- Band on the Bricks on Pearl: A different band each week will rock Pearl Street! This is an ongoing event each Weds night throughout the summer. All ages. 7:00 to 9:00pm.
Thursday, July 12
- Children’s Storytime at Boulder Public Library. 10:15 to 11:00. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Toddler Time at the Main Boulder Library. 18 to 36 months. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Grand Rabbits Playdate. Ages 2 to 6 join with their peers for a playdate replete with a different theme each week. Free. 10:30 to 11:15am. Caregivers required to stay.
- Kids Races in Boulder: July 19, August 9, August 30. Lengths vary, but these are just pure fun for families! Click the link to find out how to register and more information.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.