july 13 to 19, 2012
Listed here are some great family events. Most are free. They are all opportunities to be together as a family and engage your kids of all ages. HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!
Special Events: Bee Movie at Boulder Outdoor Cinema, Summer Bug Safari, Creek Critters Puppet Show, Westend 3K and Kids Fun Run
Friday, July 13
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Family Game Night at Meadows Library. 4:00 to 5:45pm. All ages. Free.
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. Live music and jam on the Mall. Free. Noon.
Saturday, July 14
Summer Bug Safari! Join us for a Summer Bug Safari! Get up close and learn about live insects, spiders and other arthropods from around the world in this special library program from The Butterfly Pavilion. Free. All ages. 11:00am at George Reynolds and 3:00pm at Meadows Branch Library. Space is limited, so call to reserve seats at 303-441-3120.
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. All ages. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing activity.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Boulder Outdoor Cinema: Bee Movie! This is such a fun event and I love it when they show kid friendly flicks! Gates open at 7. Band at 7:30. Movie starts at dusk. Could be a late one this time of year 🙂
Sunday, July 15
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, July 16
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Meadow Music. This is a treat for families and includes live music and nature education. Consider bringing a picnic and enjoy the show. Ages 2 to 8 [but all ages are welcome!]. 5:30 to 6:45pm at Chautauqua
Tuesday, July 17
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies up to 12 months explore books & stories with their caregivers. 10:15 to 11:00am. No older children, please! Free. Ongoing activity.
- Read to the Dog. Join the Main Boulder Public Library for this special experience and have your child read to Cooper the dog. Please call to reserve space at 303/441.3099. Free. Ages 5 to 12.
- Dance for Children [and the Whole Family]! Participatory dance program for children of all ages and their parents! A fun way to learn dances from around the world, find out what young folks like in other countries. Outside on the Plaza beside the Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th (between Arapahoe & Canyon) in Boulder. Free. All ages. 6:15 to 7:00pm. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, July 18
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. Free. Ongoing.
- Cruisers and Crawlersf @ Main Boulder Library. Toddlers to 24 month olds with caregivers. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Creek Critters Puppet Show @ Main Boulder Library. 11:00 to Noon. Free. All ages.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 4:00 to 8:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Valmont Bike Park Family Rides. Bring the bikes and the family for fun rides on the amazing terrain at Boulder’s coolest bike park. All ages. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Free.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 4:00 to 8:00pm. All ages
- Band on the Bricks on Pearl: A different band each week will rock Pearl Street! This is an ongoing event each Weds night throughout the summer. All ages. 7:00 to 9:00pm.
Thursday, July 19
- Westend 3K Race & Kids Fun Run. Includes kids 1500 meter fun run! This is a blast for the whole family!
- Magnification Hike with OSMP. Enlarge your point of view! On this Magnification Hike, we’ll look at insects, lichen, pine needles and more. This hike is fun for kids and adults and is intended to sharpen your observation skills and expand your appreciation of our open spaces. Free. Geared toward ages 5 years old and up. 10:00 to 11:00am.
- Children’s Storytime at Boulder Public Library. 10:15 to 11:00. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Musical Storytime with Alice & Melanie. Main Boulder Public Library. Songs, musical stories and more. Free. All ages. 10:15 to 11:00am
- Toddler Time at the Main Boulder Library. 18 to 36 months. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Grand Rabbits Playdate. Ages 2 to 6 join with their peers for a playdate replete with a different theme each week. Free. 10:30 to 11:15am. Caregivers required to stay.
- Kids Races in Boulder: July 19, August 9, August 30. Lengths vary, but these are just pure fun for families! Click the link to find out how to register and more information.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.