August 17 to August 23, 2012
Listed here are some great family events. Most are free. They are all opportunities to be together as a family and engage your kids of all ages. HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!
Special Events This Week: Flick & Float, Lafayette Peach Festival, FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Kids Gone Fishing, All That Glistens Is Not Gold, & Princess Bride at Boulder Outdoor Cinema.
Friday, August 17
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. This is a super fun, family-friendly event that only happens in the summer.
Saturday, August 18
- French/English Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Join Marie for delightful stories in French. Free. All ages. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Flick & Float: The Lorax. Join the City of Boulder to float lazily in the pool and watch The Lorax. Entry at 7pm. Movie starts at dusk. $10/family of 4. All ages.
- Kids Gone Fishing. Join Boulder County Open Space to teach your kid[s] how to fish. Kids will run through different learning stations and leave with confidence and experience to continue fishing. Registration required–link on site. Free. Ages 5 to 15. 9:00 to Noon.
- All That Glistens Is Not Gold. Try your hand at gold panning with Boulder County Open Space. Registration required–link on site. Free. All ages. 11:00 to Noon.
- Lafayette Peach Festival. Enjoy everything peach at this fun family-friendly event. Includes concerts, food, face painting, activities, etc. Free. All ages. 9:00 to 4:00pm.
- Boulder Outdoor Cinema presents Princess Bride. This is such a fun, outdoor, evening event for the whole family.
- Children’s Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Home Depot: Kids Building Project. Join the folks at Home Depot to create a new craft. Always hands on and the kids keep their project. Free. 9:00 to Noon.
Sunday, August 19
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, August 20
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
- FREE DAY at Denver Museum of Nature and Science. Free, free, free. Enjoy!
Tuesday, August 21
- Children’s Storytime at George Reynolds Branch Library. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing event.
- Folk Dance for Children [and the Whole Family]! Participatory dance program for children of all ages and their parents! A fun way to learn dances from around the world, find out what young folks like in other countries. Outside on the Plaza beside the Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th (between Arapahoe & Canyon) in Boulder. Free. All ages. 6:15 to 7:00pm. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, August 22
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. Free. Ongoing.
- Storytime and Kids Hike. Join OSMP to hear stories and take a kid-friendly hike at Chautauqua. 9:30 to 10:30am. Free. 3 to 6 year olds and their caregivers.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 4:00 to 8:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Valmont Bike Park Family Rides. Bring the bikes and the family for fun rides on the amazing terrain at Boulder’s coolest bike park. All ages. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Free.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 4:00 to 8:00pm. All ages.
- Just Between Friends Sale. Consign or buy used kids’ gear and maternity clothing at this huge sale. Get rid of some of the things you don’t use and pick up with you need. 8/22 to 28.
Thursday, August 23
- Mystery Trek with Wild Bear Arts in Nature Family Workshop. Explore the magic of the Flatirons and our Boulder backyard. $10/adults or $5/children. All ages. 10:00 to Noon.
- Thursday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. A fun time with kids’ story, music and more. Free. All ages. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Kids Races in Boulder: August 30. Lengths vary, but these are just pure fun for families! Click the link to find out how to register and more information.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.
#families, #free, #boulder, #events, #boulderfamilies #August