Thinking Halloween? Info on Halloween Events & Pumpkin Patches around Boulder click here.
Special Events This Week: CU Wizards: Magic of Chemistry!, Fire on the Mountain Hike, Wildbear Enchanted Forest, FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, Celebrate Autumn Storytime/Hike at Chautauqua, & FREE Day at the Colorado Railroad Museum.
Friday, October 12
- FREE Day at the Colorado Railroad Museum for City of Boulder residents. Head to Golden to take a free ride on one of their trains [weather permitting] and enjoy this very cool museum and resource. Not many free days here, so take advantage of it!
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, October 13
- CU Wizards: Magic of Chemistry! Come in costume [if you want] and learn about the magic of chemistry at the University of Colorado. Geared for grades 5 to 9, but everyone is welcome! Free. 9:30am.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15am.
- Fire on the Mountain. Join Boulder County Open Space for a 1 mile hike on Bald Mountain to observe the impacts of fire on the environment. All ages. Free. 10:00 to Noon.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Comic Book Classroom at WOW! Museum. Learn the art and mechanics of story telling along side local illustrators and authors. Dress in costume. Door prizes. Free with museum admission. 11:00 to 1:00.
- Wildbear’s 12th Annual Enchanted Forest. Join Wildbear at Mud Lake Open Space where families and children of all ages can meet forest creatures and learn about their natural habitats. Buy tickets. All ages. Noon to 8:00pm.
Sunday, October 14
- FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, October 15
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
- Monday Milk and Cookies at Becoming Mothers. If you are a nursing mama this is a great way to gather with others, share, ask any questions you may have, etc…
- After Nappers Toddler Circle at Parenting Place. Toddlers 10 to 24 mos. Free. 2:30 to 4:00pm
Tuesday, October 16
- Bilingual English/Spanish Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15am. All ages.
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Babies (birth-12 months) and their caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to babies up to 12 months of age; no older children please. Free. 10:15 to 11:30am.
Wednesday, October 17
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing.
- Cruisers & Crawlers @ Main Boulder Library. Crawlers and beginning toddlers (9-24 months) explore language and books with their caregivers in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to crawlers and beginning toddlers up to 24 months of age; no older children please.10:15 to 11:30am. Free.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Celebrate Autumn: Story Time and Children’s Hike Naturalist Ellen Orleans leads story time at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Kids join in the fun with animal noises, sound effects, and the color of the week. Afterwards, we’ll take off for a kid-friendly hike. Free. Geared towards 3 to 6-year-olds. 9:30 to 10:30am.
Thursday, October 18
- Musical Storytime with Alice & Melanie. Sing songs, listen to stories, move your bodies, have fun! Free. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Toddler Time @ Main Boulder Library. Toddlers (18-36 months) and caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to toddlers up to 36 months of age; no older children please. Free. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Parents with Infants Support Group at Parenting Place. Free. Newborn to 9 mos. 10:30 to Noon.
- McGuckin’s Apprentice Series – Halloween Décor from 1-4 pm
Young and old come in to carve and decorate pumpkins (while supplies last), see creative decoration ideas, and be inspired to make your own festive décor!
- South Boulder Rec Center Halloween Bash for kids ages 3 to 8. Tons of activities and fun. 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- Super Science Saturday at NCAR. This is super fun for the whole family!
- Trick or Treat Train at the Colorado Train Museum
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.