Special Events This Week: Longmont Lights Holiday Parade, Pajama Night, Family Day at the CU Museum of Natural History, FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature & Science, Lafayette Home for the Holidays, St. Nick on the Bricks, LEGO Club!, & Menorah Lighting on Pearl Street Mall
Friday, December 7
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Family Game Night at Meadows Branch Library. Try some new games and spend time together as a family! 4:30 to 6:30pm. Free.
- Longmont Lights: A weekend holiday parade. This one looks great! Longmont Lights Parade, visit Santa, free hot cocoa carts, Santa’s workshop, Reindeer visits, sleigh rides, food trucks, mini train rides, and much more! Free event. 5:00 to 8:00pm
- Pajama Night at the Downtown Boulder Library. Imagination Makers Theater Company present the play, Dreams, where kids imagine a world where there are pet tigers, and vending machines that dispense food for the homeless! What are your hopes and dreams for the future? Pajamas preferred. Free. Ages to 12. 7:00 to 8:00pm
Saturday, December 8
- CU Museum of Natural History Family Day
- Longmont Lights: A weekend holiday parade. This one looks great! Santa, free hot cocoa carts, Santa’s workshop, Reindeer visits, sleigh rides, food trucks, mini train rides, and much more!
- Lafayette: Home for the Holidays. Free holiday gift wrapping, visit santa, chili dinner, caroling, & dog contest. Festival Plaza, Lafayette. Free. All ages. Noon to 7:30pm.
- CU Museum of Natural History: Family Day, Finding Patterns in Nature. These are engaging, interactive family events offered on campus [always fun with kids!]. Free. All ages.
- St. Nick on the Bricks. Kids of all ages can visit with Santa at the Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center for FREE. 11:00am to 2:00pm at 1301 Pearl Street
- Saturday Storytime at the Downtown Boulder Library. Enjoy stories, songs, finger plays. Free. All ages. 10:15am.
Sunday, December 9
- FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. The last one of the year!
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, December 10
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
- Monday Milk and Cookies at Becoming Mothers. If you are a nursing mama this is a great way to gather with others, share, ask any questions you may have, etc…
- After Nappers Toddler Circle at Parenting Place. Toddlers 10 to 24 mos. Free. 2:30 to 4:00pm
Tuesday, December 11
- Menorah Lighting on Pearl Street Mall. Meet on the 1300 block of Pearl Street to light an 8 ft high menorah in honor of Chanukah. Enjoy a special concert following the lighting by artist Steve Brodsky, complete with fresh donuts, hot drinks, a dreidle guessing game and much more fun! Special Chanukah lightup necklaces for the first 150 participants. Free. All ages. 5:30pm.
- Bilingual English/Spanish Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. A program for babies birth to 12 months and their caregivers.
Wednesday, December 12
- Cruisers and Crawlers @ Main Boulder Library. Toddlers ages 9 to 24 months and their caregivers. 10:15am.
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
Thursday, December 13
- LEGO Club at George Reynolds Branch Library. Does your child love LEGO’s? Do they love stories? If you answered yes, this is the place for them! Registration NOT required, just show up for a fun experience. Free. All ages. 4:00 to 5:30pm.
- Thursday Storytime @ the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy stories and songs for all ages. Free. 10:15am.
- Toddler Time @ the Main Boulder Library. For toddlers 18 to 36 months and their caregivers. First 3 Thursdays of the month. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Parents with Infants Support Group at Parenting Place. Free. Newborn to 9 mos. 10:30 to Noon.