Welcome to a slow week here for families in Boulder.
What to do outdoors: hit the sledding hills, check out the train table at Barnes and Noble, head to your favorite coffee shop with your kids for some hot cocoa or cider and a chat, walk around Pearl Street and climb on the rocks or just check out the beautiful decorations, check out the
Denver Zoo Lights.
What to do indoors: WOW! Children’s Museum, Denver Museum of Nature and Science, snuggle up at home with some books or a fun family movie night, discover a new board game, turn off all the lights and light a candle and just sit silently in the night.
Friday, December 21 It’s the Winter Solstice today!
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, December 22
- St. Nick on the Bricks. Kids of all ages can visit with Santa at the Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center for FREE. This is the last day. 11:00am to 2:00pm at 1301 Pearl Street
- Amazing Ornaments and Gift Tags. These will make great gifts or hang them from the tree. WOW Children’s Museum. 11:00 to 1:00pm.
- Saturday Storytime at the Downtown Boulder Library. Enjoy stories, songs, finger plays. Free. All ages. 10:15am.
Sunday, December 23
- Holiday Hike with OSMP staff. This is a nighttime holiday hike at Chautauqua where you can enjoy caroling to the deer and take in spectacular views of Boulder’s holiday lights along the way. Meet at the Ranger Cottage at Chautauqua. Hot chocolate provided before and after this easy hike. Bring treats to share with all! Please dress warmly and wear appropriate footwear. Trails may be slick and icy, so strap-on traction for your boots is HIGHLY recommended. Free. 6:00 to 8:00pm
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, December 24
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
Tuesday, December 25 Merry Christmas!
Wednesday, December 26
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing.
Thursday, December 27
- Creekwalk Storytime: Who’s Here For Winter? Back by popular demand, families, join together for a story and activities including an outdoor exploration along Boulder Creek. Dress for the weather, and please remember to leave four-footed family members at home. Free. 10:15 to 11:00am.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #December