Friday, January 18
- Rope World: Building Strong Minds and Confident Bodies. Rope World is a popular physical education program at Rocky Mountain Elementary in Longmont, Colorado. This program was developed by Mr. Higgins, retired physical education teacher at Rocky Mountain Elementary. The program involves swinging, crawling and climbing on, over and through ropes and other obstacles. Rope World helps children develop self-confidence, agility and strength as they play freely in a supervised environment. $4/child. Ages 2 years through 3rd grade. Various times depending on age so check website for details.
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Family Game Night at the Meadows Branch Library. Enjoy playing board games with other members of the community, or try out Wii games on the big screen. They provide a variety of games to play, or feel free to bring a family favorite. Free. All ages. No reservations required.
- Open Tumbling for Preschoolers at the Boulder JCC. Noon to 3:00pm. $5.
Saturday, January 19
- CU Wizards–Polymers, foams & gels! Join CU professors for a wildly fun look at polymers, foams, and gels. Great for older children–grades 5 to 9, but everyone is invited!
- FamilyDance Planet. This is a monthly dance party for families! Dance to celebrate the beginning of a new year and welcome live DJ Ryel (co-founder of the SF-based creative arts collective Pink Mammoth). There are blankets, pillows, books, shakers, scarves and yoga mats for all to use.
- Peak Rhythms. Join Peak Rhythms for a fun and interactive drumming and music making program. Well provide drums and percussion instruments for everybody, and facilitate a variety of fun musical activities. No experience is necessary. Everybody participates and succeeds. Free. George Reynolds Branch from 11:00am to 12:30pm and Meadows Branch from 3:00 to 4:30pm.
- The Prairie Saga. We live on the short grass prairie and yet it is one of the most endangered and least understood ecosystems. Come meet Petey, the Prairie Dog, as he learns about the amazing animals that live on the prairie. Snakes, Black Footed Ferrets, Burrowing Owls and Ferruginous Hawks all tell us their stories in an entertaining and educational puppet show. The show is performed by Maureen Lawry and sponsored by the Boulder County Audubon Society. Meet at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage. Free. Ages 6 and up. 1:00 to 2:00pm.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages.
- French/English Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Marie is amazing and she will delight all children with her reading of French and English literature.
- Home Depot Apprentice Day. Bring your child in to the Boulder Home Depot and they can make a hands on project right there. 9 to Noon.
Sunday, January 20
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, January 21
- FREE Day at the Denver Botanic Gardens.
- Monday Milk & Cookies at Becoming Mothers. Join other nursing moms to discuss a wide range of issues. Free. 11:00 to Noon.
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table
Tuesday, January 22
- Storytime Creekwalk: Deep Winter. Families,join us for a story and activities including an outdoor explore along Boulder Creek. Dress for the weather, and please remember to leave four-footed family members at home.
Wednesday, January 23
- FREE Day at the Denver Zoo
- A Kid’s View of Raptors. Learn how to recognize birds of prey, or raptors — hawks, eagles, falcons, and owls — in the winter skies above Boulder County. During the slide presentation you’ll see some of these awesome birds up close and learn about where they live and what they eat. Kids get to see how their “wingspan” measures up against a hawk or eagle. This program is for elementary-age children. Free. 4:30 to 5:30pm at the Louisville Library.
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Thursday, January 24
- Thursday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Storytime for all children. 10:15 to 11:00am.
- Open Tumbling for Preschoolers at the Boulder JCC. 9:30 to 11:00am and 2:00 to 4:00pm. $5.
- January 26: Family Day: The Creatures That Live in Us and on Us!
- January 28: FREE Day at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science
- February 2: Laurie Berkner is playing her wonderful kid’s music at the Boulder Theater.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #January