The Dinosaur Lady will be at the Boulder Public Library!
Friday, April 12
- Boulder Dinner Theater’s Kids Kabaret Presents: The Differentest School of All. Children’s play performed based on Dr. Seuss book ‘Hooray for Diffendoofer Day’. This fun and whimsical show focuses on creative ways to teach and learn. Kids ages 3 to 10. Tickets are just $8.00 each. Last show.
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, April 13
- Awesome Arctic Family Day at the CU Museum of Natural History. The Arctic is a cold and wondrous place! Learn about the peoples and animals that call this snow and ice world home. Explore how YOU are connected to the animals, cultures, and environment of the Arctic. Try on the blubber mitt; look up close at furred and feathered creatures. Build a totem pole, make finger masks to enliven the long, dark winter and make snow goggles to protect from the bright arctic sun. Free event. All ages. 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- FREE Day at the Longmont Museum.
- The Dinosaur Lady Presentation. Connie Burton Burkhart, aka The Dinosaur Lady, has created a unique blend of entertainment and education as she shares information and stories about dinosaurs, fossils, rocks, and digging in a dinosaur quarry. Weaving together facts and stories using fossils, puppets and props, the Dinosaur Lady has captured the interest of various museums, the Geologic Society of America, as well as many school and outdoor adventure groups throughout the southwestern United States. 2 Times: 11:00am George Reynolds Branch. 3:00pm Meadows Branch. Free. All ages.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am.
- BMoCA [Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts] FREE Day. This is a surprisingly kid friendly space! We loved the one where you threw cups against the wall. See what’s happening at this local Boulder museum.
- Be Well Mama event at BMoCA. Join health and wellness practitioners to learn about local Boulder resources for new and expectant mamas. Free. 1:00 to 4:00pm.
Sunday, April 14
- Nature for Kids & Parents: A Day to Celebrate Trees! Celebrate Arbor Day, and experience the life of a tree! Get ready to go on an exciting nature hunt as we investigate and learn easy tricks to identify trees, how they grow, and why trees are very important to life on earth. Meet at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage for an easy hike to meet your special tree on Bluebell-Baird Mesa trail. Ages 6 and up. 1:00 to 3:00pm.
- The Library Concert Series Presents: Global Roots with Sandra Wong and friends at the Boulder Library. 2:00 to 3:15pm at the Canyon Theater. Free. All ages.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, April 15
- Monday Milk & Cookies Club at Becoming Mothers. Meet other moms and discuss concerns. Free. 11:00am.
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am.
Tuesday, April 16
- Grandrabbits’ Play Day. There is always a new theme Free. Children 2 to 7. 11:00 to 11:45am.
- Storytime at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Join librarians for an interactive storytime. 10:15am.
- Lap Babies at the Main Boulder Library. Bring your babies to hear stories. 10:15am.
- Bilingual Storytime: English/Spanish at the Main Boulder Library. Everyone welcome.10:15am.
Wednesday, April 17
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Storytime at the Meadows Branch Library. 10:15am.
- Cruisers & Crawlers at the Boulder Library. Bring your little ones 9 to 24 months to enjoy an interactive storytime. 10:15am.
Thursday, April 18
- Musical Storytime with Alice and Melanie at the Main Boulder Library. Interactive, musical storytime for all children. 10:15am
- Toddler Time at the Main Boulder Library. Bring your toddlers for fun, interactive storytime. 10:15am.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach Boulder Families here or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #April