Friday, April 19
- Kids 4 Kids Charity Event. Kids 4 Kids is a committee of middle school students dedicated to supporting organizations who help kids. This is the 2nd year the group has organized a music event featuring middle and high school musicians. The group’s purpose is to empower kids! This event raises money for the Children’s Hospital Colorado. eTown Hall, Boulder. Doors open at 5:30pm.
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, April 20
- Children’s Peace Garden Earth Day Celebration. This second annual event is intended to connect children and families to fresh food, local honeybees and healthy bodies. Children’s Peace Garden at 1630 Hawthorn in Boulder. Free event. 10am to 2pm.
- Dia de la Nino at the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art [BMoCA]. Celebrate Children’s Day, a traditional Mexican holiday, and enjoy art-making, storytelling, dance performances, and authentic food with your young ones. Created in collaboration with The Mexican Cultural Center and The Mexican Consulate in Denver. Free event. All ages. 11:00am to 1:00pm.
- FREE Day at the Museum of Nature and Science
- French/English Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am
- McGuckin’s Apprentice Series: Make a PVC Toddler Chair. 1:00 to 4:00pm.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am.
- COOL MOVES at the Main Boulder Library. This is a free multicultural dance performance featuring Malang Diatta – Senegalese drumming and dancing, Streetside Dance Hip-hop and SalsaKo – Salsa dancing. Perfect for families with an opportunity for children to learn some steps onstage. Potluck picnic to follow. Free. All ages.
- BMoCA [Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts] FREE Day. This is a surprisingly kid friendly space! We loved the one where you threw cups against the wall. See what’s happening at this local Boulder museum.
- FamilyDance Planet. Featuring DJbUmpKin, seasonal DJ, and Serena, our Face Painting Fairy. Come for some or all of the time. FamilyDance Planet is meant to be a party that you can drop in to when it’s right for your family. 9:30 to 11:30am at the Avalon Ballroom. Purchase tickets–$17 for the whole family.
Sunday, April 21
- Marsh Songs Earth Day Celebration. Visit a local marsh with naturalist Dave Sutherland to listen for our local birds, and get a sneak preview of the orchestral work. Meet at Sawhill Ponds, on 75th Street about 0.6 miles north of Valmont Road, for this easy hike. Beginning bird watchers strongly encouraged! Bring binoculars if you have them. Please do not bring dogs. Free. 8am to 10:30am.
- Magicians of the Mountain Parks – a magic show for the whole family. In celebration of Earth Day, come meet some of the astonishing magicians who live in our wild backyard – the rabbit, the skunk, the weasel and more. Magician Paul Norton and Naturalist Lynne Sullivan will reveal the amazing survival strategies of our wild neighbors. Meet at the Bluebell Shelter for this stationary nature magic show. In the case of very cold or snowy weather, it will be held in the Ranger Cottage at Chautauqua. Call 720 564-2058 the day of the program for the location. Click on this link for a map to the Shelter; there is a 0.8 mile walk from the Ranger Cottage at Chautauqua to the shelter along a dirt road, so give yourself and your family plenty of time to get there and enjoy the stroll along the way. 11am to 11:45am [arrive by 10:30 to walk to the shelter]
- Comic Book Release Party Concert! A live performance by Paige and Jeff and the usual frivolity. Be the first on your block to get the NEW Coyote Bob & Ranger Paula Comic Book- Return to the Flatirons. In this issue, Coyote Bob moves away from his Boulder home. Plus- games, and tips on having nature fun. Meet at Settlers’ Park trailhead in Boulder. Free. 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- Giddyup Kitty Bluegrass Band. This is a four-piece, high-energy, all-female bluegrass band. The Denver Post says they are the finest bluegrass youll find anywhere. Weaving fine melodies with rich harmony, these award winning musicians create a show that leaves an audience joyful, and asking for more! Classy, sweet, and smooth, you’ll be a believer, once you catch Giddyup Kitty fever! Free. All ages. 3:00pm at the Meadows Branch Library.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, April 22
- Monday Milk & Cookies Club at Becoming Mothers. Meet other moms and discuss concerns. Free. 11:00am.
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15am.
Tuesday, April 23
- Grandrabbits’ Play Day. There is always a new theme Free. Children 2 to 7. 11:00 to 11:45am.
- Storytime at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Join librarians for an interactive storytime. 10:15am.
- Storytime Creek Walk: Early birds at the Main Boulder Library. Families, join the library staff for a story and activities including an outdoor explore along Boulder Creek. Dress for the weather, and please remember to leave four-footed family members at home. Free. 10:15am.
- Bilingual Storytime: English/Spanish at the Main Boulder Library. Everyone welcome.10:15am.
Wednesday, April 24
- Wednesday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Enjoy books, songs and more at weekly storytimes for all ages. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Storytime at the Meadows Branch Library. 10:15am.
- Boulder Folders at the George Reynolds Branch Library. Learn to fold beautiful origami. 1:00pm.
Thursday, April 25
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach Boulder Families here or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #April