July 27 to August 2, 2012
Listed here are some great family events. Most are free. They are all opportunities to be together as a family and engage your kids of all ages. HAVE A FANTASTIC WEEK!
This Weeks Special Events: Walker Ranch Summer Heritage Day, Noon Tunes Puppet Show, Sketch & Stroll with OSMP, & The Boulder County Fair Opens
Friday, July 27
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Noon Tunes on Pearl Street Mall. This week is a puppet show. Free. Noon.
Saturday, July 28
- Children’s Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
- Twenty Ninth Street Live! presents Chris Daniels & The Kings at 29th Street Mall. Opening band at 6:15pm. Main band at 7:30pm. This is a fun family-friendly event!
Sunday, July 29
- Walker Ranch Summer Heritage Day. See costumed volunteers demonstrating chores and activities of ranch life. Your family can participate in many old fashioned chores and activities. Free. 10:00 to 4:00pm.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
- The Taming of the Shrew is brought into the modern day by the Longmont Theater and presented at the Community Park in Louisville, so bring a picnic and pull up some grass for the whole family to watch a fun performance. Free. All ages. 4:00pm.
Monday, July 30
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Children’s Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am.
Meadow Musicthis week. This is a treat for families and includes live music and nature education. Consider bringing a picnic and enjoy the show. Ages 2 to 8 [but all ages are welcome!]. 5:30 to 6:45pm at Chautauqua
Tuesday, July 31
- Children’s Storytime at George Reynolds Branch Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Ongoing event.
- Sketch and Stroll with OSMP. Take a stroll and sketch nature on this easy hike, suitable for families. Free. Ages 7+.
- Dance for Children [and the Whole Family]! Participatory dance program for children of all ages and their parents! A fun way to learn dances from around the world, find out what young folks like in other countries. Outside on the Plaza beside the Dushanbe Teahouse, 1770 13th (between Arapahoe & Canyon) in Boulder. Free. All ages. 6:15 to 7:00pm. Ongoing activity.
Wednesday, August 1
- Boulder County Fair opens today and runs through Sunday, August 4. There are many free events for families. More information here.
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:30am. Free. Ongoing.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 4:00 to 8:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Valmont Bike Park Family Rides. Bring the bikes and the family for fun rides on the amazing terrain at Boulder’s coolest bike park. All ages. 4:00 to 6:00pm. Free.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 4:00 to 8:00pm. All ages
- Band on the Bricks on Pearl: A different band each week will rock Pearl Street! This is an ongoing event each Weds night throughout the summer. All ages. 7:00 to 9:00pm.
Thursday, August 2
- Children’s Storytime at Boulder Public Library. 10:15 to 11:00. Free. Ongoing activity.
- Grand Rabbits Playdate. Ages 2 to 6 join with their peers for a playdate replete with a different theme each week. Free. 10:30 to 11:15am. Caregivers required to stay.
- Boulder County Fair’s Young Guns Kids’ Rodeo. Kids enjoy the fun atmosphere of this kid oriented rodeo. They can enter the stick pony pull or the goat tail pull for a small entry fee. Kids under 5 are free, the rest need tickets [$5 to $15]. 6:00pm.
- Kids Races in Boulder: August 9, August 30. Lengths vary, but these are just pure fun for families! Click the link to find out how to register and more information.
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.