Thinking Halloween? Info on Halloween Events & Pumpkin Patches around Boulder click here.
Special Events This Week: Halloween Bash, Super Science Saturday at NCAR, Magic Wand Making Workshop, Trick or Treat Train, Apple Tasting and Pumpkin Decorating at WOW!, Monster Bash at Grandrabbits, & the Munchkin Masquerade.
Friday, October 26
- South Boulder Rec Center Halloween Bash for kids ages 3 to 8. Tons of activities and fun. 3:00 to 5:00pm.
- Friday Children’s Storytime at the Main Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing activity.
Saturday, October 27
- Super Science Saturday at NCAR. This is super fun for the whole family!
- Magic Wand Making Workshop at the Boulder Arts & Crafts Gallery. This sounds really sweet! Free for the first 60 kids. 12:00 to 3:00pm.
- Trick or Treat Train at the Colorado Train Museum
- Apple Tasting with Chef Ann Cooper at the WOW! Museum. Join the Food, Family, Farming Foundation’s School Food Project and Chef Ann Cooper for a fun and interactive food program! Celebrate the Fall season, learn about healthy food and fall produce, and sample a variety of apples! Free with museum admission. All ages. 2:00 to 3:00pm.
- Pumpkin Decorating at WOW! Museum. Decorate a pie pumpkin with paints and glitter. Pumpkins generously donated by Whole Foods Marketing in Superior. Pumpkins available while supplies last. Free with museum admission. All ages. 11:00 to 2:00pm.
- Saturday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15am.
- Boulder Farmer’s Market. 8:00 to 2:00pm. 13th Street between Arapahoe & Canyon Blvd. Great opportunity for families to purchase locally grown produce, eat delicious food, listen to live music and so much more! A Boulder kids’ favorite.
- Boulder Museum of Contemporary Arts [BMOCA] Check out Art Stop which provides FREE guided art activities for kids on Saturdays during the Farmer’s Market. I have heard that they have a space where you can throw a cup at the wall. Kids love it! 8:00am to 2:00pm. All ages
Sunday, October 28
- Monster Bash at Grandrabbit’s Toy Shoppe. Free. 11:00 to 1:00.
- Trick of Treat Train at the Colorado Train Museum
- 7th Annual Kappa Halloween House. This is a family friendly Halloween event with face painting, crafts, cupcake walk, storytelling, trick-or-treating, and much more. 12:00 to 4:00pm. 1134 University, Boulder. $5/child. For more information click here.
- Go Club for Kids & Teens at the Main Boulder Library. 2:00 to 5:30pm. Ages 5 and up. Free. “Learn to play the ancient and mysterious game of Go.”
Monday, October 29
- Rise and Shine Storytime @ Barnes & Noble. 9:30am. Don’t forget the fun train table!
- Monday Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. All ages. 10:00 to 10:45am.
- Monday Milk and Cookies at Becoming Mothers. If you are a nursing mama this is a great way to gather with others, share, ask any questions you may have, etc…
- After Nappers Toddler Circle at Parenting Place. Toddlers 10 to 24 mos. Free. 2:30 to 4:00pm
Tuesday, October 30
- Jeepers Creepers!!! Join naturalist Jennelle Freeston for a short evening hike for kids ages 4 and up, to explore a few critters and creatures like spiders, snakes, and bats that give people the willies. Bring a flashlight and dress up in costume if you like. Location information will be given at registration. Follow this link to register online. 6:00 to 7:15 pm
Wednesday, October 31
- Munchkin Masquerade on Pearl Street Mall. 2:00 to 5:00pm rain or shine. This is such a cute event for elementary age kids! Free.
- Wednesday Storytime @ Main Boulder Library. 10:15 to 11:00am. Free. Ongoing.
- Family Garden Story and Song Time with Kristin at Barnes and Nobles. Free. All ages. 1:00pm.
- Bats & Owls! Storytime & Hike. Whooooo likes picture books about owls? Who’s batty about bats? Join naturalist Ellen Orleans at the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage for a special story hour featuring creatures of the night. Afterward, we’ll head outside for a kid-friendly “Five Senses Discovery Hike.” Free. Geared towards 3 to 6-year-olds. 9:30 to 10:30am.
Thursday, November 1
- Storytime at the Main Boulder Library. Free. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Toddler Time @ Main Boulder Library. Toddlers (18-36 months) and caregivers explore language and books in a fun and intimate setting. Programs include rhymes, songs and books as well as time for free play and informal discussion of early childhood development. Attendance limited to toddlers up to 36 months of age; no older children please. Free. 10:15 to 11:30am.
- Parents with Infants Support Group at Parenting Place. Free. Newborn to 9 mos. 10:30 to Noon.
Upcoming Family Events:
November 2: FREE Day at the Denver Botanic Gardens
November 3: FREE Day at the Denver Art Museum
November 5: FREE Day at the Denver Zoo
November 17: $5 admission day at the Butterfly Pavillion
Please let me know of any upcoming events that should be listed here. I am happy to include your free, low cost or unusual event in Boulder Family listing of weekly events. You can reach me at Boulder4Families@gmail.com or visit us on Facebook.
#families #free #Boulder #events #boulderfamilies #getoutside #October #November